Warm, soft and sweet - like a special whisper just for you.
The traditional design of our signature classic jar candle reflects a warm, relaxed sense of style that's always at home. Convenient and easy to use, our medium jar candle provides hours of true fragrance enjoyment.
- Burn time of up to 90 hours
- Premium-grade paraffin wax that delivers a clean, consistent burn.
- Premium quality ingredients with natural essential oils create distinctive true-to-life scents
- Lab-tested glass to ensure the appropriate strength and consistency.
- 100% recyclable and accepted by most recycling centres.
- Lead-free wick, made with 100% natural fibres, and hand straightened to ensure it is centred for the best burn possible.
As with all candles, the first burn is the most important. To begin, candles should burn one hour for every 1 inch in diameter of the actual candle size. Therefore, a large Housewarmer Jar should burn a minimum of 4 hours to liquefy the entire top layer of wax. If the wax is not allowed to liquefy or to melt from edge to edge of the jar or tumbler, it will create a "memory ring," especially if this is the first time the candle is lit. Once a candle has this ""memory ring,"" it will continue to tunnel and to burn that way for the life of the candle.
Christmas 1969. Sixteen-year-old Mike Kittredge, too broke to buy his mother a present, melted some crayons to make her a candle. A neighbour saw it and convinced Mike to sell the candle to her. With that small stake, he bought enough wax to make two candles - one for his mother, and another to sell. That was the birth of Yankee Candle.
Yankee Candle has since become the #1 most-recognised name in the candle business and the world's best selling candle brand.
Today, with a wide array of fragrances, Yankee Candle offer the world's most compelling selection of candle and home fragrance scents. In addition to the renowned Housewarmer line of scented candles, they also provide a wide range of seasonal and speciality scented candles, home fragrance products, car fresheners and candle accessories.
Yankee candles are made by master chandlers (candlemakers) in their advanced manufacturing facilities in Massachusetts.